Bowen Basin, QLD, Australia
Make & Model
In 2012, CR Mining delivered the first Hurricane to this leading dual dragline operation in Australia’s Bowen Basin, marking the first in a promising outlook of performance gains for this customer.
An early adopter of CR technology, the 84m class Hurricane represented an incremental step forward over the existing fleet of conventional EarthEater™ buckets. Having optimized and proven the performance gains, CR has gone on to support the complete conversion to Hurricane buckets at this operation, which now operates a fleet of four.
Patented geometry maximizes payload
The fleet of four Hurricane buckets has moved over 330 million BCM
Traditional dragline buckets vs Hurricane dragline buckets.
The first Hurricane has now exceeded a staggering 131 million Bank Cubic Meters of digging.
Combined, the fleet of four Hurricane buckets has moved over 330 million BCM, which is more 130,000 Olympic swimming pools of material.
- No change in Total Suspended Load.
- Up to 12% payload gain vs traditional options.
Reduced fill time
- Improved fill time and drag distance.
- 10% fill time improvement compared to conventional bucket geometry.
- Maximized cycles per hour.
- Bucket payload efficiency 25% higher.
- More payload for less work and less capacity.
- Reduced drag energy consumption by over 19%.
- Patented Cast Alloy space frame of the Hurricane is unmatched.
- Campaign extensions of over 30%.
Dig Rate BCM/Hour
Seconds Faster Cycle Time
More Swings per Hour
Explore More Success Stories
Our door is always open
Get in touch to start the conversation
We thrive on building collaborative partnerships with the world’s best miners.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
Fill out the form to get the ball rolling.