Collection, Use and Disclosure of personal information
You may be asked to provide personal information anytime you are in contact with CR and its Group companies (CR) and its Affiliates, or this information may be collected and stored by CR or a CR affiliated company in the course of providing our Products and Services to you. An Affiliate is defined as organisations such as contract manufacturers, licensed organisations, data service providers, dealers, freight providers, consultants or other service providers engaged by CR.
Unless otherwise agreed in a written contract, this policy sets out examples of the types of information CR may collect and how we may use or disclose information.
Personal information we may collect
- Contact details, including names, emails, phone numbers, fax numbers, office or site addresses;
- Individual operator login data to identify active machine operators at a given point in time;
- Personal identification employee number, GPS location, machine serial number and other detail prescribed or requested, to or by, CR for the provision of providing our Products and Services;
- CR will collect data generated by our Products and Services, which may detail a company, site, location, machine identification codes, location conditions, time, date, status, activity and will include but not be limited to, performance information, which could include productivity and activity data;
- We may collect information regarding use of our website, social media sites and our Products and Services. Some of this information may not be personal information.
How we may collect personal information
- Information may be collected manually via written methods, via digital methods including mobile phones, mobile tablets, or other hand held devices;
- Information may also be collected via communication methods such as email, fax or via phone calls;
- Information may also be collected from installed products or services on machines or sites, which may collect information as part of delivering their service, which could be automatic methods or via manual input by individuals; and
- Online web systems operated by CR may collect information, including our website, file sharing services, and social media pages operated by CR.
To provide location-based Services on CR Products or services, CR and affiliates may collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your equipment that has a CR computer or device installed, or a support device being used. Where available, location-based Services may use GPS, Bluetooth, Satellite, WIFI, LAN and your IP Addresses, along with other 3G, 4G, LTE, and other communication technologies to determine location and transmit data.
How we use your personal information
- The information we collect allows us to keep you informed of CR’s latest product announcements, deliver software updates, and upcoming releases. If you do not want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime. We will never provide details from our mailing lists to unrelated third parties.
- We also use information to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our Products and Services.
- We may use your information to verify identity, assist with identification of users, and to determine appropriate Services or complete investigations on a case-by-case basis.
- From time to time, we may use information to send important notices.
- We may also use information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve CR’s Products, Services, and customer communications.
- We may use information or data for analysis and benchmarking, which would be in a form that is anonymized and cannot identify an Individual or Company.
How we store personal information
To help protect the personal information we collect and hold, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. Our company and employee’s value the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
At times CR may make certain information available to affiliates that work with CR to provide Products and Services, or that help CR market to customers. This may include organisations like freight and logistics providers, service providers and dealers. CR may also share information with companies who provide Services such as information processing, extending credit, fulfilling customer orders, delivering Products, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service, and conducting customer research or satisfaction surveys.
For example, when you purchase a CR Product or Service, you may engage with a CR Dealer for the ongoing support and success of your Product, which may require disclosure of personal information.
CR may disclose personal information overseas. Overseas is defined as outside of the country in which it was collected. The disclosure of information may be between operational locations of CR, which include Australia, United States of America, China and the regions in which it has operational dealers or offices, including regions of North America, South America, Eurasia, Africa and Russia.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country − for CR to disclose personal information. We may also disclose personal information about you if we determine that for purposes of security, law enforcement, or other issues of importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
We may also disclose personal information if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all information we collect to the relevant third party.
Access, correction and complaints
You may request access to personal information about you that we hold and you may ask us to correct your personal information if you find that it is not accurate, up-to-date or complete.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, we will need evidence of your identity before we can grant you access to information about you or change it.
You can contact us by email. We undertake to respond within 30 days. If the request or complaint will take longer to resolve, we will provide you with a date by which we expect to respond.
There are some circumstances specified by law where we may refuse your request for access to and/or the correction of your personal information. However, if one of these circumstances applies, we will provide you with a written explanation of the reasons for refusal, unless it would be unreasonable to provide that notice.
You may also make a complaint about our handling of your personal information. We will investigate your complaint and endeavour to provide you with our response within a reasonable time. If, after receiving our response you still consider that your privacy complaint remains unresolved, you may then, for example, refer your concern to the relevant privacy regulator in the country in which you are located.
You can contact us at [email protected] or via visiting us in person.
11 May 2018
You can contact us by:
- calling 02 9418 5600 – Marketing Manager located at CR Gordon Sydney
- visiting any of our offices
- writing to us at Level 5, 828 Pacific Highway, Gordon, Sydney