High Abrasion, High Impact
Make & Model
A Western Australian Iron Ore miner required a solution that would improve machine availability and reduce maintenance costs. Historically the customer experienced frequent overloading because of heavy buckets. Additionally, they needed extra maintenance for the fitment and replacement of armour to protect the plate lip and adapters.
CR delivered the worlds’ first 10 station cast lip solution for wheel loaders. The DecaEdge is specifically designed to reduce maintenance downtime by:
- Increasing lip strength for reliability and longevity
- Decreasing dig energy means less stress on the machine and an overall decrease in maintenance requirements
- Increased digging efficiency resulting in faster cycle times
- Reducing vulnerability in welded joints
- Reducing overall mass
Following a year of operation in high abrasion, high impact Iron Ore, the site was able to completely remove maintenance downtime, resulting in:
- Increased machine availability
- Increased productivity
- Increased personnel availability
- Significantly improved safety
This significant milestone has resulted in a full fleet conversion from existing plate lip systems over to the CR DecaEdge system.
Explore More Success Stories
Our door is always open
Get in touch to start the conversation
We thrive on building collaborative partnerships with the world’s best miners.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
Fill out the form to get the ball rolling.