DecaEdge™ Delivers Maintenance and Safety Benefits
17,364 hours with zero maintenance or downtime recorded.
Pilbara, Western Australia
Make & Model
A prominent Western Australian Iron Ore miner needed to find a way to increase safety while reducing costs associated with bucket maintenance and downtime across their fleet of Komatsu WA1200 wheel loaders. CR Mining worked with the Mine operator to provide the solution.
CR Mining’s experienced field technicians and engineers, worked with the Mine operator to review the digging and commodity conditions, existing maintenance downtime schedules and their existing plate lip supplier product performance data before recommending the superior DE2559 DecaEdge cast lip product range. The robust DE2559 cast lip is part of the CR’s DecaEdge range, the world’s only 10 station cast lip solution for wheel loaders.
The DecaEdge range was specifically designed to reduce maintenance downtime by removing the requirement for weld-on adapters and eliminating requirements for unreliable bolt on wear runner protection.
CR Mining deployed the DE2559 cast lip to the mine site and safely fitted it to the existing Komatsu WA1200.
DecaEdge Assembly – Isometric View
With CR Mining’s expert advice and the durable DE2559 cast lip, the Mine operator has achieved outstanding productivity performance benefits and significantly reduced operating costs. CR understood the Mine operator’s focus on employee safety on site and ensured it was a key design feature for this product. Since the introduction of the CR GET product, the site has achieved zero GET-related safety incidents.
Other achievements include:
- Zero safety incidences recorded since the introduction of CR Mining GET in 2015
- 17,364 hours with zero maintenance or downtime recorded
- $80,000+ annual savings forecasts on preventative and reactive maintenance per loader
- Significant reduction in GET cost per hour rate
- Improved productivity and reduced on-site safety risk due to elimination of hot works associated with plate lip adaptor repairs and maintenance
- Elimination of wear runners, blocks and associated downtime required to fit and remove them
- Improved shroud underside and top surface wear profile
- Strength increases, mass and digging force reductions
- Improved plane alignment and spade angle optimisation
- $69,000 reduction in GET costs per loader per annum using specifically designed superior CR GET product range
Note: Across a fleet of 40 large wheel loaders, a conservative review highlights the introduction of DecaEdge across this Mine operators fleet could result in maintenance and GET savings of AUD~$6.8M per annum.
Explore More Success Stories
Reduced Clean-up Time & Cleaner ROM Pad
The safe, consistent edged Wearpact™ for surface system cleans ROM pads, protecting fitters along with truck tyres.Read more →
Reduced Downtime and Improve Shroud Life with Wearpact
Wearpact™ improves bucket life, reduces downtime and ultimately improves productivity.Read more →
Improved Shroud Life and Reduced Downtime
Wearpact™ is proven by a Western Australia customer to be the next generation GET for LHD's with superior wear rates and eliminated GET failure.Read more →
No Downtime Due to Lip Maintenance
The site was able to completely remove maintenance downtime.Read more →
DecaEdge Reduces Maintenance
No maintenance downtime after a year of operation in high abrasion, high impact iron ore.Read more →
DecaEdge Performs in WA Iron Ore
More than 7,000 operating hours with zero maintenance events or costs.Read more →
Wearpact Almost Doubles Wear Life of LHD
A Chilean copper & iron mine saved seven bucket changeovers with Wearpact.Read more →
Our door is always open
Get in touch to start the conversation
We thrive on building collaborative partnerships with the world’s best miners.
If that sounds like you, we’d love to talk.
Fill out the form to get the ball rolling.