Our technology is backed by a comprehensive range of unique capabilities and highly skilled team members, to meet the individual needs of your project, mining strategy or application. CR is committed to service quality, speed and reliability underpinned by our values.
Safety – Zero Harm
CR is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment which is free from harm.
CR is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment which is free from harm through leadership, continual improvement and personal commitment from all employees.
CR maintains a Safety Management Plan which provides a structural approach to OHS, promoting communication and effecting key actions that make health and safety a normal component of all aspects of work.
A key element of our safety strategy for FY20 has been a focus on implementing an effective Safety Interaction program encompassing the senior leadership team and all line leaders in the business.
CR’s first value is ‘Zero Harm’
We are committed to the prevention of injuries and incidents and the highest social standards.
We are committed to achieving safe work outcomes
Our personnel work in multiple manufacturing sites across Australia and interact with our customers on a daily basis on mine sites across the world.
Recently, key sites across our global business achieved new records through their daily safe work focus and commitment to personal injury prevention:
- Murarrie achieved 12 years LTI free in Aug 2019
- Perth achieved 10 years LTI free in May 2020
- Mackay achieved 2 years LTI free in Sept 2019
- Goodna achieved 1 year LTI free in Feb 2020
- Frisco achieved 8 years LTI free in Dec 2019
We acknowledge these achievements are based on the personal commitment of our employees, who have endeavoured to implement new standards and continually seek new ways to improve the safety culture and positive outcomes at CR Mining, consistent with our fundamental belief and first Core Value: Zero Harm.
We are committed to working safely with our customers
CR prides itself on working closely and collaboratively with our customers and suppliers to deliver technology and productivity solutions that add value for our customers. This includes the development of:
- safe equipment designs;
- safe work instructions for equipment and parts installation; and
- software for efficient and safe operation of mining machinery.
For more information on our injury prevention practices, standards or definitions, please contact us.
Science and engineering innovation lie at the heart of our commitment to ongoing research, product development and client problem-solving. We develop unique products and solutions to meet the real needs and challenges of the mining industry, combining the latest technologies with in-depth knowledge and understanding of mining environments and processes.
CR research programs focus on the development of productivity-enhancing, high-quality innovations that are in demand by the world’s best miners, such as Mining Information Technology systems, including our Titan range, innovative cast lip systems, high-performance dragline buckets, and ground engaging tools.
Once our products are installed in the field, CR’s i3R philosophy and software technology close the feedback loop, resulting in ongoing system understanding to deliver future innovation.
At our Technology Centre, we have industry benchmark facilities, including the ability to scale test new concepts on excavators, rope shovels and dragline mining machines. This capability allows CR to collaborate with the world’s best miners, and deliver performance outcomes within 2% of our findings from 1:7 scale testing. Our Technology Centre combines advanced capabilities in software development, digital vision systems and measurement, plus advanced engineering tools like DEM and FEA.
Our certification includes OHSAS 18001:2007 (Occupational Health and Safety Management), AS/NZS ISO14001:2015 (Environmental) and AS/NZS ISO 9001:2015 (Quality) International Standards.
Our philosophy of continuous improvement underpins the high quality of our work practices and manufacturing systems. We work towards delivering the CR i3RTM promise which is, inspect, record, report and recommend.
We monitor all stages of production, undertake comprehensive quality inspections for both intermediate manufacturing processes and finished goods. Quality data, including ITP documentation, is collected and retained by CR for all process steps to ensure product conformance and traceability.
All critical manufacturing processes are supported by Operations Procedure Documents, which are a step-by-step visual explanation of the manufacturing process. All foundry and workshop facilities are subject to regular audits to check they are capable of producing a product on time and within design specifications.
We have the global capacity, commitment to quality assurance, technical expertise and the latest clean-steel technology to manufacture and deliver on our service offer to international mining markets
i3R – INSPECT, RECORD, RECOMMEND AND REPORT
Our philosophy of Inspect, Record, Recommend & Report set a standing in surface mine condition monitoring. Today, the philosophy of i3RTM stands as our commitment to collaboration and continuous improvement at CR.
We strive to ensure dedicated team members are positioned to oversee each and every field installation.
Our support includes commissioning, system fitment and removal training as well as regular performance reporting. i3RTM is an all-encompassing support based monitoring and reporting system, designed to benefit individual sites’ unique applications, all part of the CR service.
CR i3RTM is an integral part of our product development and continuous improvement feedback cycle.
Offering the highest level of engineering expertise and high strength large alloy casting manufacturing technology, we have the production capacity innovative capabilities that ensure we are the leaders in surface mining cast components.
From the largest and strongest of alloy steel castings through to specialised polyurethane products and pulley lagging components, our in-house casting and production facilities deliver a range of products and services.
- Alloy steel castings: Our centre of excellence in Maryborough, Australia, enables CR to develop innovative methods, to cast the world’s largest single piece cast lips, to the highest quality. Backed with a global foundry footprint, our foundries have the capacity and capabilities to meet the highest global manufacturing expectations, all with Safety First.
- Fabrication, machining, and manufacture: CR’s capabilities in fabrication and machining extend from simple bushing through to complete construction of precision-engineered stone dusters and dragline buckets up to 100m3. We offer a range of general and specialised fabrication services including abrasive blasting and painting, and MIG, TIG and conventional welding.
- First fit supervision: We offer dedicated on-site commissioning and first fit supervision and site installation support, as well as offer advanced technical, operational and maintenance training.
- ISO Standards: Our fabrication and machining facilities are qualified to globally recognised ISO Standards.
- Polyurethane moulding and heat treatment: We provide precision polyurethane moulding and encapsulation in a range of standard and complex, custom shapes – from 1kg moulds up to 300kg items.
- Pulley lagging: Using our vulcanized pressing process, we manufacture a range of high-quality lagging products and components. Our facilities use a variety of materials to suit your application, from natural rubber and FRAS rubbers, through to polyurethane.